Rice Paper Rolls – 2 ways Recipe
- Vortex Plus Dual Drawer Air Fryer
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots peeled & julienned
- 150 g cabbage thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 5 cm piece ginger grated
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp miso paste optional
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 300 g chopped mushrooms sautéed
- 1 tsp Lao Gan Ma chilli crisp optional
- 16 rice paper wrappers
- 2 tsp sesame oil for brushing
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a wok and stir fry the onions and carrots until starting to soften. Add the cabbage, garlic and ginger.
- Remove the wok from the heat, then add the spring onions and miso.
- Sieve over the corn flour and stir everything together. Season to taste with salt.
- Divide the mixture in two. To one add the cooked shredded chicken, and to the other add the mushrooms and chilli crisp. Mix each flavour to combine.
- Make the crispy rice dumplings, by dipping the rice paper wrapper into some warm water until coated, then lay it on a clean dry surface. Once it has softened and is pliable, add a few tablespoons of filling to the top ¼ of the wrapper. Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper in then roll the parcels together. Add another wrapper around the parcel, to create a double layer of rice paper. Then repeat the process for the remaining filling.
- Brush the parcels with sesame oil, and place in the air fryer, with the mushroom parcels in one draw and the chicken in another.
- Select Air Fry on Drawer1 and set the temperature to 205°C and set the time for 11 minutes. Select SyncCook to mirror the cooking settings between drawers and press start.
- When prompted to ‘Turn food’ flip the rice paper parcels over.
- Once cooked, serve the crispy rice paper parcels with your choice of dipping sauce.